Saturday, May 22, 2010

Bachelorette Trista Sutter Dishes On Why She Will Never Have Another Child and More

Source: Breezy Mama

Admit it: You sat glued to your television anxiously awaiting WHO would get Trista Sutter’s last rose on the first season of The Bachelorette, too. Now nice and settled and married to her pick, Ryan Sutter, the duo have two kids and were recently visiting Los Angeles to help promote The Hot Mom To Be Handbook that Trista wrote the foreword to. Alex and I got to dish with the reality star on why she’s decided to never have another child, her advice for women who struggle with infertility, the difference between her home state of Colorado versus LA and more.

Chelsea: Did you help co-write the book?

Trista: No — I just wrote the foreword. I get that all the time and I feel bad because I don’t want to take any of [author] Jessica [Denay's thunder]… it’s her baby! I just wrote the foreword.

Chelsea: How are you doing with two kids?

Trista: Awesome! They are the best. Yes, it’s crazy and it’s busy and you’re going, going, going, but it’s what I’ve always dreamed of. I’ve always wanted to be a mom and have a husband I adore and I have all those things.

Chelsea: How did you meet your husband? [Breezy Note: I couldn’t resist. I wish you could have seen how uncomfortable Alex looked…]

Trista: [Laughs] Well… do you have a DVD player?

Alex: How old are you kids?

Trista: Max is 2 1/2, almost 3 and Blakesley just turned 1.

Alex: So you had them close together?

Trista: 20 months. On his first birthday we had all our family in town and I was like, ummm… I think we’re pregnant. We weren’t planning on it, but it was awesome because trying to get pregnant with Max was quite a journey. It took us two years, so we were very thankful.

Chelsea: Were you excited to find out you would have a boy and a girl?

Trista: Yes. I had everyone in the ultrasound room…

Chelsea/Alex: Awww…

Trista: It was fun. Even Max. He said, “Baby.”

Chelsea: Do you think you’ll have a third?

Trista: No. I think we’re done. In fact, I know we’re done. I had a procedure done called the Essure procedure which is permanent birth control, so I know I’m done.

Chelsea: Ohh… I’ve never heard of that.

Trista: It’s funny because so many people haven’t and I want to spread the word. It’s an in-office procedure and you don’t have to go under the knife, no general anesthesia and your husband doesn’t have to get snipped. Also, the vasectomies are a lot lower success rate so that’s what I opted for. It was good for me, it’s permanent, I know my family is complete, I’m good with that and I’m okay it’s done. If we want another, we can adopt, but a boy and a girl… I’m good. We each have one and we’re not overwhelmed so it’s good.

Chelsea: Are you still working on your diaper bag line? 

Trista: No. I’m done unfortunately.

Chelsea: Are you starting any new adventures?

Trista: I am, but I can’t talk about it yet because it’s in the works. But mostly it’s about the kids.

Chelsea: Because the jump from one to two is hard, right?

Trista: It is, it’s hard, but it’s do-able. My inspiration was thinking about the millions and millions of moms who have done it before me or have more than me or that are alone. So, I think, “I can do this. Just breath.”

Chelsea: Is it crazy coming from the Colorado life back to LA?

Trista: Yes, it is with all the cars and all the people and the traffic and the hustle…and I’m like, “Ahhhh! We want to go back home!” [laughs]. No, it’s great to come here for mini-vacations when we can.

Chelsea: Are you going to stay in Colorado?

Trista: Yes. I can’t see us moving. Unless we had another house. We’ve always talked about how we want a house in the mountains and a house on the beach. So, hopefully.

Alex: You said it took you two years to get pregnant the first time…

Trista: Yes.

Alex: We recently did an article on infertility treatments. What sort of advice would you give moms that are struggling?

Trista: It’s so hard. I would say keep the hope alive because it can happen. We actually went to a fertility doctor and I was getting the basic testing done and then we got pregnant. So, you never know. It can happen whenever. It’s really hard to get pregnant for a lot of women so it’s all about that one millisecond where it can happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me something sweet!

Share This Article!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More