Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Bachelorette Season Premiere Recap

My Recap on Monday's season premiere of 'The Bachelorette'

By: Lina Di Genova

Let the craziness and backstabbing, sorry! Love search commence!

Ok before I'm about to get into the recap, I would like to say that Ali Fedotowsky is the most adorable Bachelorette that we had in years. Yes I did like Jillian as last year's Bachelorette, but something about Ali makes me like her more. She's something that we haven't seen in quite some time. Just wish that she was more confident in her decisions. Leaving Jake was not the end of the world and there's plenty of other fish in the sea. 

Ok back to the season premiere. Is it just me or did they really play out the fact that Ali left Jake. I felt that they kept throwing it in my face. Yes I know that she left Jake after all I am a Bachelorette blogger. 

After half an hour of Jake and Ali and idiotic Bachelor videos, we finally get the show on the road.

If I were the Bachelorette, I don't need some guy leaping off a limo (Jason) or  cheezy lines or a fake proposal (John C.) A guy who is really sincere with his intro shows me that they are here for the right reason. (Craig M . . . your cue to exit please!)

I give extra Kudos to the guys who kept the Limo entrance simple and sweet, Roberto, Chris H, John N and Tyler M. I loved it and hopefully Ali keeps them around!
I loved Hunter's "Where's the washroom?" entrance. I loved it and Ali certainly did.

After the lovable, awkward, and just plain stupidity, 25 bachelors have exited the limo to enter the mansion with our Bachelorette. 

Already, the tensions fly between Justin "Rated R" (Honestly, don't go bragging that your a professional wrestler, not cool and I wasn't impressed) and the other Bachelors. They definitely voiced their opinion when the "voting box" came out. 

Chris Harrison informed everyone to vote for the person that they thought was in the mansion for the wrong reasons. Justin got the majority of the votes. I don't think that anyone was surprised and I wondered if anyone voted for "All Hair" Craig M.

Ali gets to decide whether or not she gets to keep him and guess what ladies and gents? She does. Wasn't she the one who was on "I hate Vienna" band wagon last season. Wouldn't she want to listen to The Bachelors?

After that totally unnecessary voting, meeting the Bachelors continues. We get to hear about Derek's "Shooter" story. Will Ali be impressed? Of course not! Would you? 

Derek, a piece of advice, lock that story into that vote box and take it with you on the ride home and bury it somewhere and NEVER MENTION IT AGAIN!

Chris Harrison enters again and this time with, drum roll please!, the first impression rose. I think for a split second that rose morphed into a football and all the guys were going to tackle each other the get it. (Ok . . . it shows in the preview of the season two guys tackling it out so I'm not off with this!)

So who's going to get that rose? Let the one on one time begin. 

And the winner is . . . ROBERTO! I won't lie that connection between Ali and Roberto was amazing. They clicked and those salsa moves didn't hurt either. 

I also wished that Jessie had gotten it. I loved how sincere he was with Ali and how he made her that necklace. It was really sweet and I had wished that he had gotten it. 

So now Roberto and Justin both have a rose and 23 other Bachelors are wondering what their fate is. There is after all, only 15 roses left. 

Since the Jake and Ali thing was dragged on in the beginning, we don't get to hear Ali's first impressions of the guys or her debating between them. As soon as the guys settled back down, Ali starts giving the roses. 

The following 15 guys, in order, receive their first rose . . . .

1. Jessie- Thank God!

2. Ty 

3. Craig R

4. Tyler V

5.Frank

6. Steve 

7. Chris L

8. Kirk

9. John C

10. Chris N

11. Chris H

12. Hunter - the washroom break worked!

13. Craig M - there's enough room for Craig and his hair!

14. Jonathan - Alright weatherman! The sunny button worked!

15. Kasey - that adorable speech worked. 

So ladies and gents Ali's first rose ceremony has ended and  Roberto, Justin R, Jessie, Ty, Craig R, Tyler V, Frank, Steve, Chris L, Kirk, John C, Chris N, Chris H, Hunter, Craig M, Jonathan, and Kasey are continuing on the "journey of a lifetime."

Derek aka "Shooter is gone along with Steve, Phil, Jason (see ladies, the car flip didn't work at all), Jay (way to uptight for Ali), Jesse, John N, Kyle (I thought that that rose was cute but Ali wasn't impressed), Tyler M (lost major points confusing Ali with cowboy boots, was he thinking of Jillian?), Derrick (Talking to yourself in the mirror in front of a TV camera, not cool), Frank (going to miss the nerdy glasses) and Phil. 

Let the crazy, sorry! love searching around the world begin!







P.S. What were your thoughts of the Season Premiere? Click here to leave me your comments!

1 comment:

  1. Liked your recap! I'm recapping over at tvgasm.com if you wanna take a look! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me something sweet!

Share This Article!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More